Saturday, April 16, 2005

My new computer

Is Friggin shweet. Well it looks sweet at least and it is too.
Hubbs fried his processor which is quite impressive especially considering all he did was flash the BIOS and since I own a business I get a new computer and we have a trickle down. He gets my old one and i get his old one for work stuff too (yes I need at least 2 computers one for working on other peoples virus infected machines and one that works right). So it all works out cos my old beater computer gave up the ghost after this move (Toy was a ripe old 7 years old).
So I got one of those new 64bit Athlons and the A8N SLI board from ASUS which is like the top of the line, one of their newest. An SATA HDD which is also new technology and a PCI-Express video card also new. It is sweet. I am never one to get the new stuff. I actually have a wireless USB network adapter that is not compatible with this new board. Which kind of sucks but I think it is awesome cos I have never had something like that happen before, usually my computer is too old. When I got the new drives I made sure they were black and put them in my old black mod case and as luck would have it the mobo is black too. I through in my blue LED fans and hooked up some other lights and I have to say besides having the kickass gaming system I now also have a pretty sweet vanity mod compter. Hubbs is jealous.
Total deal:
Mobo: Asus A8N
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 3000+
CD/DVD: Lite-on Dual Layer DVDRW
HDD: SATA Maxtor 7200RPM 160GB
IDE Maxtor 40GB
IDE WD 80GB
PowerColor ATI Radeon X600 w/256MB

No comments: