Monday, September 20, 2004

Last Week Hurricane Ivan hit Gulf Shores, AL. That was close enough that my husband in Pensacola also went through the eye of the storm. Thankfully I was not actually all that worried for once I actually had faith that the Navy new what they were doing and they were not going to get him killed. The base was badly damaged and now 3 days after he was first able to contact me I still cannot describe to him what is going on outside the fence. I fely bad because he was turning to me for news and I could not but into words that the areas we had so much fun in while I was visiting recently were gone, not just damaged but gone. Today he managed to get off base to go down to a walmart and buy some supplies and now he understands at least and now he cammot describe it to me. I worry about the Air Museum at NAS pensacola I love aeronautics and I just fear that so much of it is damaged I wish I could go see it for myself. I cannot handle looking at the pictures online anymore it is just heart breaking and to know all those buildings in the Seville quarter, Fort Pickens and on the banks of NAS are gone or severely damaged is just sad to me. I wonder how Lulu's is and Mr Manatee's they are both wonderful restraunts. Well I just looked and although Lulu's has major damage it is all repairable damage :) yay for that.

Now we are just waiting to see when the hubster will be getting orders and out of FL (unless his orders are there). Thankfully they finished training before the hurricane hit so he is ready to go e just needs some papers, a ticket and a kick out the door.

No comments: