Sunday, July 24, 2005

Harry Potter

Yup I too have an opinion on Harry Potter. Well not really just simply that a book that has kids lining up at bookstores at midnight like it is the hottest movie is not all bad. The books are long books and I know when I was 12 I wouldnt have ever read them. Shit if a person raises their kid correctly I am sure they can see the diference between right and wrong and that these books are fantasy just like the fantasies these kids may have in their head about the school being closed for a snow day in Southern California or having a teacher never give homework.

My Big rant is these MORONS who are burning the books. First of all, you dont BURN BOOKS!! It is wrong, Hitler burned books and they burned books at schools in the 50s, like Catcher in the Rye and Tom Sawyer. Many classics have been burned. My biggest annoyance of the burning of books is that quite simply YOU HAVE TO BUY THE BOOK to burn it. Doesn't that just help the popularity of the book because sales are up and put money in the pocket of the writer and the stores selling it? Wouldn't it be quite a bit more effective to boycott the books and the stores that sell them? or the publisher? Goodness I just dont get what some people will do. I wish that when I see these stories someone will run through the picture with a very large very free stick and beat some sense into these morons.

No comments: