Monday, December 31, 2007

hairspray and effeminate men

SO it is New Years Eve. We have 45 minutes to go in 2007 for you westerners here it is Heisei 19 and about to be Heisei 20, Heisei is the current emperor and he is in his 19th year of reign.

I was sick all weekend but I am feeling better, just congested so we went out, hey I have tomorrow to recover. Yeah it is freakin cold out there, the wind is like ICE and I have no voice, it has been dropping off more and more all day.

So what did I learn today? Young men here no about teasing, bleach and hairspray than even your most trapped in the 80s Southern hairstylist. Alot of them also look like chicks. We saw a band play at a festival down on the waterfront. They were good (well as far as we know) and the lead singer was a riot. He was a total ham and well I want his hair. Ok if I could have spikey funky hair with no work. These guys were everywhere they had bleached hair, teased hair and basically more style in their hair than any of the women.

Well we wandered around and had some yummy ball things, I forget what they are called but it is basically fried dough with a little piece of squid in the middle coated in a ginger sauce and fish flakes.

Unfortunately it was very cold and we got bored and my voice is now completely gone so we came back befoe midnight but hey that means it was easier to get a cab back to the hotel.

Akemashite omedeto gozaimasu!!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi!! Haven't heard from you for a while. How's japan?