Wednesday, November 22, 2006

SO I am about to go home. I fly out tomorrow, I am packing and running errands in hopes that my mom will be ok for awhile. Stepdad is doing well but his lack of vision is very upsetting to him. He can see but he is seeing double so yeah no fun. The IV will be done tomorrow and mom will be home through the holiday so hopefully they will work out a schedule, or grandma will come up now that there is no fear of him eing contagious, little did I know but grandpa has never had the Pox even though he has gone through 4 kids who have. So yay! for LAX on the busiest day of the year to ATL the busiest airport in the country that has lost my luggage more than once. No one even loves me enough to drive me down there. ok for real I dont want anyone to go through that hell for me. I will take the bus.

As we were cleaning the garage we found alot of my old stuff. One was a very nicely packed box that I know has a lot of momentos in it but I did not go through it. We found the grail we were searching for which was another tub of antique banks and glassware that was not wrapped it has now been repacked and moved to a safe yet undisclosed location. :)

What got me writing today was a smaller box, plastic and slightly larger than a shoebox. It is full of paper and going home with me. It is full of card and letters from about 1996-1999. Just 3 years but full of memories. It reminds me of the friends I had, the best friend I have taken for granted and a friend who may have been a love but neither of us ever said so. It was a wonderful thing to find. Just full of memories. People I havent heard from in 10 years and I admit that is mostly my fault. People who were dear friends who suddenly weren't and I still don't know why. A letter from my sister saying we would be married and have kids by now, well she isnt and neither of us do. Then my best friend who I had forgatten cared so much for me and did really nice things for me. It's weird how things change and I just forgot. To those I still talk to, thank you, to those I forgot, I am sorry and to Roo, I love you, you are a real friend.

No comments: