Monday, November 13, 2006

Bat out of Hell Meets Bat Out of Burbank

Well I am in California for a week and then some. My stepfather is ill and mom needs help, so duh dudda duh! here comes super-daughter. Ok well I had no choice, I dont care what anyone says. I fI hadn't come I would be the asshole child that I despise when I have to deal with others in similar situations. So here I am. Week one is complete, the old man is getting better but we have another week of IVs. So Mom gave me a break to get out of Hell, as I lovingly refer to the Antelope Valley. There are 2 ways out one leads to my Hometown and the other to LA. Well the pass is closed to go back to Dodge, the place I got the hell out of. So I started bugging my LA\College buddies to see who still loved me and would tolerate me for an evening.

I was greeted with open arms by the dynamic super duo FOXSWAN. They said yeah come on down we'll have dinner and then try to steal you from you husband as a swoon over us and our awesome singing. Who can turn down that kind of invitation.

So I drove down the hill and my adventure began. Mom, being paranoid and not wanting to realize I am closer to 30 than 16, insisted I leave earlier because she didn't want me driving the 1980s throwback of a car in the dark. So needing a wedding present for some friends I agreed. I looked up malls online and decided on The Grove. Dumb me didn't look closely at the surrounding streets so as I am driving I realize I am in the heart of Hollywood, and there was a Premiere being setup. Now tourists would think COOL! me being from there and having seen it all before said "oh shit! I am surrounded by stupid tourists." But I got the The Grove safely. It was like shopping at Crate and Barrel on Main Street in Disneyland, it was definetly weird. The Farmers Market was pretty dang cool though.

So I left, almost got back on the 101, or hit the divide pylon (shhhh don't tell mom). I thought I was lost and called Swan. While talking to him I realized that if I had stayed at the Holiday Inn Express that I was looking at last night, I would have realized I was also looking at a sign for the street I was looking for. So my dumbass went off to find the abode of Swan.

Here is where the fun begins.....

So I get there a Swan almost doesn't recognize me but better than that was Fox who was obviously smitten with me. He wouldnt stop staring at me. He is lucky that the power of the ring compels me because who could deny that look.

After Dinner and more oggling from Fox it was off to go see the World Famous FOXSWAN Well Ladies I have to say it was worth the trip from Georgia. I was amazed, enthralled and even a little confused by sheer manliness that FOXSWAN emanate while acting incredibly gay.

There was also bowling but that was just sad and pathetic. I got to see a few other friends from school which was totally awesome. It almost made me miss Cali, but no it just made me miss my friends and antics, I still don't really miss LA.

I had a great time it was well worth the drive. I feel bad for having to wake up Swan for directions but he was so confused I had to chuckle. He also has the greatest roommate ever, I wish I had had rommates like that.

Another week and a half here in hell. Then home before I come back to San Diego. Somewhere between here and there, I need to procure us a car and find a way to meet up with FOXSWAN again so hubbs can meet them.

Oh yeah and Ladies they are single. And while I am not sure about Fox,
I am pretty sure Swan likes the ladies.All in All Good times were had by all.

No comments: