Sunday, July 29, 2007

Oh what a day

So this morning my friend Tom came over to help me tame my back yard. I have been feeing bad about not doing too much to get the physical house ready for the move and hubbs has been doing ALL the outside work. I am still working on getting off all the meds I was given erroneously so was sick most of the week but come this morning I was feeling decently enough. Which is good 'cos I have almost no way of easily contacting Tom, at least not to say, "don't come." Well it was wet at 8 am but he was here right on time and away we went. We moved quick and got alot of shit cleared out of the yard. In 2 hours we had what I thought would take us all day, finished. Now I can plant some shrubs to hide the monolith that has appeared behind my house.

Oh and now for the part that my friedns who new me forever ago (yes I am feeling old lately) will find fucking hilarious. Me + machete = I suck. Yes I cannot do any damage when swinging a machete at weeds. Oh wait it gets better. It rained on and off until about noon. By dinner time I was going try and get a fire going in the pit. Me + hatchet = I suck. Yes I could not swing the hatchet hard enough or accurately enough to splinter up a piece of dry wood to make dry kindling. So yeah I suck and the strong me that once was has become a weak lil bitch. I can't think of what else to call myself. I mean I used to be tough and strong and now, well I get pampered too much or something because I swear I bet if anyone would have seen me with that hatchet they would have died laughing. So there you go I am pathetic and I am putting it out there for the world to see, but no one saw it and I can delete this later. Oh the power I wield :P

but the Jack Daniels Roast I made kicked serious buttocks. I will have to use that marinade recipe again and figure out what else I can drown in it. I am going to miss my grill when it leaves me in a couple months

No comments: