Monday, April 09, 2007

So today I see one of the sound guys from CBS at the Masters. He is older so I assumed he would have some pearls of wisdom about the industry. Was I right? HELL NO!!! This guy is the epitome of why I decided I would rather do random sound jobs than work in the industry. He has a very large fuzzy and I asked him how long the mic was in it, using my hands as an estimation. HE HAD NO IDEA!!! HE DIDNT EVEN KNOW WHAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT! He said some guy "built" it on Manday and he just new how to replae the batteries. Well congratulations Bob you can drop a 9 volt into the box when the light turned red. He actually thought it was a speciall designed contraption it was in fact identical to the fuzzy windscreens we used in college on a pistol grip and probably a long shotgun maybe 12-18 inches long. When I said boom work is hard keeping your hands up, he looked at me like I was crazy and said "why would you do that we keep it down low and point." I gave up at that point.

But yeah thank you Lord for once again pointing out to me why I left LA and don't really want to work in the industry again. I do however miss my press pass.

No comments: