Friday, September 02, 2005

yeah I am a news whore I watch it constantly and this situation hasnt changed that. Why does this hurricane seem to have such a slow relief effort? Last year it seemed like it was practically instantaneous but these people now aren't getting much. why are the churches the first to respond? What is going on? Where is our government? I mean I know it is bad but is it sooooo bad that there is nothing our government can do? I mean we were able to drop food on bombed out cities in WWII why cant we drop MREs on people on rooftops? Why arent these centers getting help? Where is their relief?

I wonder what the long lasting affects of this will be on our nation and government. Will Bush lose what lil support he has left as he takes the blame for yet another fuck up? He will try to push it off but I see it as a chain of command and he is at the top. Will the Republican party suffer? Are we going t go back to a Democrat majority. In the past we have done well with that in the past.

Good news I heard they are doing chopper drops of fod and water in New Orleans. About freakin time. Also good to hear most of the looting is people who are getting what they need to survive. Bad news is thousands who were turned away from the superdome are at the convention center. There is no relief or support there and officials wont go there because they are outnumbered. At least they got food and water drops but that is bullshit, they are outnumbered. Get the people on buses make sure you have enough and then give them stuff once they are onboard.

No comments: