Friday, September 02, 2005

Hurricane

Things are crazy. The news from New Orleans is scary but I know that it is just a few being evil bastards. the majority are decent peple who just need help. I wish there is more I could do to help. I am trying to be a major player in my church with getting together flood buckets for UMCOR.org Hopefully I can get some goods donated too but I am sure the local businesses will be getting hit by alot. We will try to get our buckets together and delivered to another church who will deliver them to the distribution center in Lousiana.

Thankfully it sounds like everyone I know seems to have faired well. There is one person on the website I hang out on has yet to be heard from. We hope and pray they are ok.

I hope the government is really helping these people as much as they can. I just dont beleive it when I see all these people stranded in New Orleans. It sounds like even in Mississippi and Alabama things arent really happening. Of course with all of the violence I am not inclined to want to help them either.

A big part of me wonders if the Levy system was really as good as it should have been. I mean they were ready for a Cat 3 but it is the Gulf. Why didnt they have contigency plans? What is going on there? Why the hell are we seeing all of thee damn press conferences and no action? Is this another one of those situations where the media is twisting things and only showing us the worst possible OR is nothing really happening? Why are news crews giving out water? These poor people dying and dehydrated when they are surrounded by water. It is terrible and scary I just feel fr them and wish I could do more

No comments: