Monday, January 28, 2008

Why is there a hole in my floor?

1-27-2008 3:33PM

Actually why are there 2 holes in my floor. There is one in the kitchen and one in the laundry room. They are good sized squares. I assumed the one in the kitchen was a hatch to get under the hatch and never opened it well it has a plastic insert but it is not down in the ground so it isn't exactly cool, well it is but that is because it is cold here. Hubbs says it is to hide from the Nazis. I had to point out that the dog would not fit. I asked one of my coworkers and he told me the real story. Kitchen hole is for dry storage like onions and tomatoes. Laundry room one is for cleaning stuff. I like it because the dogs cannot get into it so I don't have to worry about them breaking into something they shouldn't. He also said they should pull out so you can access under the house and he stores typhoon supplies down there. Of course our talking about it made him wish he had, had them put in the house he just built so he is going to ask his carpenter except he wants one with hydraulics so the laundry supplies pop up out of the floor. Other nice touches are that ever room has a ent for when the summer humidity and more importantly mildew starts. We have an AC/heater in every room. And wonderfully enough on a cold cold morning, heated toilet seats. There is also a bide (however you spell it) but the water is not heated so yeah I would not even try it until summer.

No comments: