Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Things I forgot about the trip

We got back to the Church around 2:30am Saturday morning. I was scheduled to be back at the church at 8am. Thankfully I had the sense at 10:30pm to call Keith who does sound but he was also performing but he had the number of the other sound guy. Double thankfully I had asked Joe (the other sound guy) to please show up on time Sunday in case Heaven forbid something happened to me. It is a good thing I did too because even though Keith called Joe, Joe's phone wasnt working and didnt start working until he was on his way into the church.

Now for the Aftermath:
By the time I got home and fed the puppies and called hubbs it was 3am. I set the alarm for 8:00 but didnt hear it until almost 9. My meds make me a zombie when I dont get enough sleep so I stumbled through the get up routine, my eyes were bloodshot my body ached. I felt like shit basically all the signs of a serious hangover from having the perfect amount of fun the night before without the joy or calories of actually drinking. I made it to church, stopped by a friends house to wake them up. Walked in saw one of the guys in his boxers and a similar stupor. He said "yes its her" I said "just making sure you are awake" and stumbled out the door and up to the church where I gave Joe a great big hug cos I have never been so happy to see his truck.


After church I was invited to a friends for dinner. I told them I would try and sleep but if I couldnt I would be there. Well I couldnt so off I went. Then back to the church to have some fun with the youth. Then some poker.

The ultimate sign you shouldnt have gotten out of bed in the morning: it takes until 7pm to realize your panties are inside out and it takes until almost midnight to realize your bra is too. Yeah I am no longer able to function on too little sleep. I think that officially makes me old.

The poor dogs must feel totally neglected by me. They are clinging to me like glue today but I still couldnt sleep in. Dang phone kept on ringin.

No comments: